Lighter-than-air Cheesecake with Mixed Berries
[Do you have something to celebrate but need to entertain frugally? Here’s a sweet recipe for Lighter-than-air Cheesecake with Mixed Berries from Allison Robbin’s Party on a Dime piece. Check out the full menu with links to recipes and a shopping list so you can throw a fantastic party while saving some green.]
- 1-1/2 cups ground cookie crumbs (any hard cookie or biscotti)
- 1 tsp. chopped rosemary
- 6 Tbs. butter, melted
- 2 pounds block cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese (substitute 8 oz. of cream cheese or 8 oz. sour cream as needed)
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups mixed berries (did you even know you can get strawberries at the 99-cents store?)
- Wrap the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with aluminum foil to halfway up the sides of the springform pan. Then do it again, so you have two layers of aluminum foil.
- Grind cookie crumbs and rosemary in a food processor; add butter and process. Press into the bottom of the springform pan but not the sides. Chill for a half an hour.
- In a mixer or with hand-beaters, blend cream cheese, mascarpone, sugar, and eggs.
- Place cream cheese mixture in the springform pan, smoothing out the top.
- Place springform pan into a large roasting pan. Pour enough hot water in the pan to reach halfway up the side of the springform pan.
- Bake 70 minutes. Cheesecake should be ever so slightly browned.
- Cool an hour, then refrigerate for at least four hours. Serve with mixed berries.
- Super easy to make this the day before the party.
This article first appeared on colorandaroma.com