Parmesan Almond Chicken Paillard
- 5 lbs. chicken breast halves, boneless & skinless, sliced to 1/2-inch strips
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups ground almonds
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 bags arugula
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
- 2 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard (optional)
- splash of Champagne vinegar (optional)
Pre-heat the oven to 350°. Pound the chicken breast gently between two pieces of parchment paper. Combine Parmesan and ground almonds in one plate with 1 tsp. salt.
In shallow bowl, beat 2 eggs. Dip chicken first in the egg mixture, then coat with the parmesan-almond mixture.
Heat 4 Tbs. olive oil. Shallow fry the chicken in hot oil for approximately 2 to 3 minutes until browned. Place on lightly oiled cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
Prepare the vinaigrette. Toss with arugula.
Place cooked chicken in the bottom of a large, pretty bowl. Place arugula on top of the chicken. Sprinkle shaved parmesan on top of the arugula. Serve with your nicest salad tongs.
This article first appeared on colorandaroma.com
photo: Deborah Alexander
food styling: Sasha Emerson